Damaged and missing contents packages
If you receive a package that is damaged or has missing contents, you may be eligible for compensation from the shipping company. Please note that different shipping companies have different policies and deadlines for filing claims. For DHL, you must file your claim within 30 days from the shipment date for international packages. For FedEx, the deadline is 21 days. For USPS, the deadline is 60 days.
To file a claim, please follow the steps below.
- Check if the shipping box and item are damaged or have missing parts.
- Take clear photos of the shipping box and item as evidence.
- Fill out the claim form on the shipping company’s website and submit it online or by mail.
- Send us an email with your order number, photos, and claim number to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will contact the shipping company in Japan and wait for their response.
Please note that for DHL, the maximum compensation amount is about $30 per kg of package weight.
- If the shipping company approves your claim, we will refund you the insured amount to your original payment method within 10 business days.
If the shipping company rejects your claim, we will contact them again and negotiate on your behalf.
If you do not receive your package within the expected delivery date, it may have been lost in transit. In that case, we will contact the shipping company and ask them to track your package.
Please understand that the tracking process may take a long time and is beyond our control. It can take up to 3 months for the shipping company to confirm the status of your package.
We cannot offer any compensation or replacement until the tracking process is completed and the shipping company accepts responsibility for the loss.
If the shipping company confirms that your package is lost and approves your claim, we will refund you the insured amount within 10 business days.
Return to sender
If your package is returned to us because of an incorrect or incomplete delivery address that you provided or because you did not pick up your package from the carrier within the specified time, you will be responsible for all the shipping costs incurred. This includes the original shipping cost from the US to Japan and the return shipping cost from Japan to the US. We will deduct these costs from your refund amount.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at any time. We are always happy to assist you.